The stone images of Unakoti are of two types- the rock carved figures and the gigantic images made out of the stones laid there. The Unakotiswara Kal Bhairava is the central Shiva Head which measures about 30 feet high and includes the 10 feet embroidered head-dress. There are two female figures on both sides of Lord Shiva's Image; One of them is Maa Durga standing with Her Lion. Three gigantic Nandi idols were excavated from the ground here. The stone carved image of Lord Ganesha is enormous and stands to be one of the major sculptures here.
Picture Courtesy: "Unakoti (Scorpian ad)" by Scorpian ad at English Wikipedia. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Unakoti_(Scorpian_ad).JPG#/media/File:Unakoti_(Scorpian_ad).JPG
The shrine entice both pilgrims and tourists. The best time to visit the place is winter and specially during the Asokastami Mela, Kali Puja, and Shiv Chaturdashi. Presently the temple is maintained by the Archeological Survey of India and the century old architectural Shaivaite wonder is now exclusively a historical place to visit.
Darsan Dresscode: No Specific Dress code to visit Unakoti
Tripura, one of the notable North-Eastern states of India, stands apart for enshrining their century-old heritage and the lineage of their culture. Once, the princely state, Tripura maintained its independence even during the British Raj in India. In 1974, Tripura accepted to be recognized as an Indian State.
70% of its population is Bengalis and the rest of the 30% belongs to the different tribes, residing in this area over the centuries and much before the Vedic times.
Tripura is accredited for its enriched culture including dance, music, musical theater and other performing arts. The people here are grateful to the great poet Rabindranath Tagore for promoting Tripura in his various literary creations like Rajarshi, Mukut, and Visharjan.
Their handicrafts, way of flamboyant dressing entice travelers from other states and abroad.
Language Spoken: Bengali, English, Hindi, Kokborok(official Language)
Uttar Unakuti R.F., Tripura 799277Contact Number : Tripura Tourism Development Corporation Limited (TTDCL) :+91 3812317878, +91 3812325930
Pilgrims heading to Unakoti have to land at Kailashahar Airport or Agartala Airport. Besides airways, Unakoti can also be reached by train and via roadways- the NH connecting rest of the north east states of India.
|Place Name||Jan - March||April - June||July - Sept||Oct - Dec|
Presently the temple is maintained by the Archeological Survey of India and the century old architectural Shaivaite wonder is now exclusively a historical place to visit.
Many religious fairs are arranged throughout the year including the grand Asokastami Mela.
People gather to worship Lord Shiva during the Asokastami Mela held every year during April.
No information available.
April :- Ashokastami Mela
October :- Kali Pooja
For most Hindus, praying at temples far and near, is not just for a fleeting sense of gratification but an eternal drive of their devotional self. We worship the divine presence in our idols and the reverberating essence of holiness in our temples. The unflinching faith of the devotees have turned many of our religious places into sanctums of all powerful energy. Pilgrimaide is first of its kind platform in the world to provide its users with comprehensive, consistent and consolidated access to information on various pilgrim destinations. This is our humble attempt, as we compile data to help the devotees travel to and connect with the shrines across the country. We hope our services will help guide the devotees in their spiritual quest. For any queries or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to Pilgrimaide for putting together complete information of temples located across length and breadth of India; what I like is the details. It is a perfect guide to plan a pilgrimage. Looking forward to see e-commerce modules soon; one stop before the journey towards holiness!
Perfect assortment of all puja requirements!...no need to go looking fr each minor thing, reached in time and good condition too... Highly recommended for upcoming festival
Pilgrimaide Ganesh Pooja Kit :- Nice package, Nice Ganesh Pooja kit.
Very nicely packed. has all the necessary requirements for Ganesh Pooja. will be using it for Ganesh Chaturthi Pooja
Sabarimala Irumudi kettu Kit :- Great quality product. Nice eco friendly packing. Paper covers are used for packing all solid items. Liquid items such as honey is in small glass bottle (not plastic bottle). A big step towards plastic free pilgrimage at Sabarimala. very useful for swamies who goes to Sabarimala from outside Kerala. Only item that we need to buy extra is coconut and ghee.